Ontario Active Transportation Project Coordinator
Go for Green, a national not for profit organization encouraging Canadians to pursue outdoor physical activities that enhance, protect or restore the environment, is currently seeking a Project Coordinator.
Duties: Reporting to the National Active Transportation Coordinator, the Ontario Project Coordinator is responsible for the organization of all aspects of the Moving Forward on Active Transportation Initiative. This includes organization of workshops, the expansion of the Commuter Challenge event, the development and distribution of resource material and report writing.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Experience with project and event planning management
- Solid understanding of Active Transportation and sustainable communities
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships with partner organizations
- Ability to liase with communities to determine project logistics
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Self starter, able to work well independently
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Competent computer skills (in a MS Office 2000 environment)
- Bilingualism (English and French) preferred
Please forward your resume in confidence before April 23, 2004 to the following address:
Go for Green
Unit 16, 5480 Canotek Road, Gloucester ON K1J 9H6
This is a full time contract position for 12 months starting in April 2004. The position is located in Ottawa, Ontario. Our thanks to all applicants; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.